Sunday, August 15, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy.... OOH LOOK AN ELEPHANT!

Hey everyone! What's up? It's just me again, Nicholle, if you haven't already figured that out by now... I mean, seriously, you probably should already know... but just in case... sometimes even I forget. Hehe. Anyhow... There is now only a week left until school, and I am not totally thrilled to be pushed back into the whole classes part of school, but I can't wait for the social part! I miss everyone sooo much!!! And I'm terrible at the whole keeping in touch thing... thought that's mainly due to my busy busy life.

Anyhow, I guess I had better update you on whatever I did that whole last week... not that you really care, but hey, I'll write it anyways. :D I guess I'll start with Monday... though... Do I even remember what I did on Monday? Hmm... let me think...

Oh yeah! I think that's the day I went to go see a play called Big River down at Sundance theater. It was great! Though not as great as the time I saw it at Hale's theater which actually had a river full of water for a set... but anyhow... It was funny enough, and the guy playing Huckleberry Fin was really good. I felt sorry for him though, because he had a ton of lines! I can't imagine having to memorize that many lines for a play! Oh, and a cool think about the theater at Sundance is that it is outside! So, they had a song about stars, and I looked up and there were millions of stars in the sky. It was soo pretty. :D

Okay... the next day, Tuesday if you want to be totally exact, I went to Thanksgiving Point. That was fun, considering I haven't been there in lik... forever. We spent like an hour watching a guy blow glass. It was really cool. :D And then we went to the farm part of it and I fed goats and ogled at a baby calf for like thirty minutes. The little calf was soo cute! And he was born the day that we came too, so he was in his really awkward stage trying to figure out how things worked... And then we went to the dinosaur museum part. That was a very cool place to look at. Apparently the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point is the largest one in the world!

And for the life of me, I do not recall what went on on Wednesday... Let me think... Oh! Yeah, I went shopping and I got myself a very nice Mockingjay pin from Hot Topic. For all of you who don't know what a Mockingjay is, read the Hunger Games series. :D Afterwards I went to the Training Table for the first time with my mom and some friends we knew from when we lived in Washington. For those of you who don't know, it's a very good burger joint where you order your burgers through a phone. I got a mushroom burger with mushrooms (of course), the burgur (duh!), a light mushroom sauce and grated cheddar cheese. It was delicious! Afterwords I went go-cart racing down in Layton somewhere. It was a ton of fun, even though I'm not the best driver there ever was... Lol!

Thursday and Friday were both days I went to go work at the Hogle Zoo. On Thursday, I got to pet a penguin and also feed and pet a Mara. For those of you who don't know exactly what a Mara is, it is a large rodent that lives in Argentina. On Friday, I got to help prepare for Zuri, a one year old elephant's birthday! I even taste tested her birthday cake... Which tasted like apples and oranges and had a weird texture. That doesn't sound too bad, but wait until I tell you that the orangy flavor came from this thing called monkey chow! Yeah... I only tried it after being dared to by my boss, and even then I waited until she tried it first. :D

And then came Saturday, which was a big day considering it was Zuri's birthday celebration and also my aunt's wedding. So first, I skipped down to the zoo and watched Zuri celebrate her loverly birthday by demolishing presents, that I helped make, with her mother, Cristy. She is soo cute! Though, she hasn't totally mastered the use of her trunk yet. She had to totally kneel down in order to try and stuff a pineapple into her mouth. :D After coming home from the zoo and getting ready, we went to my aunt's wedding. I was bored for most of the reception part considering I knew no one... and the fact that my job was to sit at a table and let people sign a book and drop of their presents... But the end part was fine, considering I left my post and just talked to my cousins. :D

Now today... nothing much has happened... We said good bye to some of my relatives from California and then we went to church... sooo.... nothing much...

Anyhow... that was a long post! I'm going to stop writing now... though maybe later I'll update with some pictures of stuff and videos from watching Zuri on her birthday. :D

See ya!
~Nicholle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!