Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Last Day of Freedom




Okay, well, yesterday is what I consider to be my last day of freedom, and what a great day it turned out to be!!! Despite the fact that my cousins and my aunt went back to California (thanks for coming guys! It was sooo much fun!), the rest of the day was totally fun!

It started out that I was crazy enough to wake up at about 4:45 to try and see the partial lunar eclipse... That didn't turn out to well, because I woke up hot and sleepy, and then I couldn't even find the stupid moon. Then I decided to go back to
sleep only to wake up about two hours later to go help my mom get her weekly basket of veggies. Then, straight after that, we went to my grandparents' house to see off my aunt and cousins. My 5 year old cuz, Kaitlyn, started out in a terrible mood due to the fact she didn't like her hair. It was kind of adorable. :D

Once they were on their way to their home in Cali, me madre and I swung by the zoo. On Thursday and Friday I had already spent my days working there in preparation for the events that would occur on Saturday. It was Hy-Dari's 50th birthday, which made her the oldest African Elephant on North America! I had helped makeher cake, and I had also painted a few of her pinatas. It looked as if she thoroughly enjoyed the presents, and she ate as much as her heart desired. :D

In the evening, my mom let me go to Twilight Night. It was an event that happened all around America, where people would gather together to win prizes, play games, watch New Moon and to even see a few of the actors from the upcoming movie Eclipse! I was near Sugar House at Fairmont Park. It was soo much fun! I got free things, my face painted, and saw the first part of New Moon. But the highlight of my time was when I got to see, high-five, talk to, and even get autographs of two actors! One was a vampire, Charlie Bewely (Demetri), and the other was a wolf, Julia Jones (Leah Clearwater)! I was sooo happy!!! Charlie was soo funny! He kept randomly poking his head out of the tent to make fans scream, and he also has the most awesome accent ever! Julia was sooo sweet and pretty! Yay!!!

And now, I must bid farewell to this blog... for who knows how
long... I will try and post while I am the Startalk program learning Chinese, but there is no guarantee that I'll have internet, but if not, I'll update y'all when I come back! See ya!!!

~Nicholle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!